September 22, 2009

Comments revisited

I have just approved eight comments that were sitting in the moderation queue - some of them for over two months. Clearly I am not all that good with this whole comment moderation thing. The blog was only asking for moderation on comments on posts older than fourteen days, but with my current blogging activity rate, that has, at times, included everything, even the most recent entry here. I have decided to remove the comment moderation requirement, and just go with the captcha method of spam comment prevention for now. We'll see how it goes. That may well be enough.

If you've commented and been disappointed in not receiving a reply, I apologize. Thanks for coming by, and I hope you'll be back again to allow me to make ammends.


4 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Paul!!!

::::waving:::

Come visit my blog too. I have no moderation or funky letter thing or anything! So far no spam. Someday I might, but for now...

be well...

Simon said...

I want you to know that I'm VERY disappointed, Paul. And it has nothing to do with comment moderation.

(Just trying to keep you on your toes.)

Beth said...

I've had very few problems with spam (and I don't have word verification enabled). I think you'll be okay.

Call me Paul said...

Beth, I was getting Japanese spam comments on many of my older posts, which is why I instituted the word verification and comment moderation in the first place.

Simon, I'd be happy to reciprocate, if only you'd write something in your freaking journal. You're worse than I am.